Margaret is Global Chief Marketing Officer at Siegel+Gale & Creator of WearingIrish
Margaret is the New York-based, global chief marketing officer at the renowned branding firm Siegel+Gale. A native of Ireland and a Harvard Business School graduate, she is regarded as one of the most influential global marketing leaders and consistently appears on top CMO lists, including Forbes’ top CMOs on Twitter. A strategic marketer, she is a sought-after speaker and has published articles in Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Fast Company and beyond.
Margaret created #WearingIrish in March 2016 as a passion project to showcase Irish fashion designers. Acclaimed by the iconic Women’s Wear Daily, WearingIrish is now a movement online and offline, with an event program recently hosting 10 winning Irish designers in New York City in May 2018. Margaret is the curator of the program.
Margaret has received many accolades, including: Overseas Business Woman of the Year 2017 by Image magazine; 2017 Marketer of the Year by The Drum; Top 50 Power Women and Top 100 Irish Americans in Business in 2016 and 2017 by Irish America; and the 2018 Creativity and Arts awards in Fashion and Design by Irish Central. Margaret brings a potent blend of grace, gravitas, and grit to everything she touches. Follow Margaret on Twitter @MargaretMolloy and Instagram @WearingIrish. Margaret lives in Manhattan with her husband, economist Jim O’Sullivan, and their sons, Finn and Emmet.
- 2017 B2B Marketer of the Year by The Drum
- Top 50 Power Women by Irish America in 2016
- Forbes top 10 CMOs on Twitter in 2017
- Creativity and Arts awards in Fashion and Design by Irish Central in 2018
- Top 100 Irish Americans in Business by Irish America in 2016 and 2017
- Overseas Business Woman of the Year by Image magazine in 2017
- Top 20 CMOs to follow on Twitter by Digimind
- Top 50 most influential CMOs and marketing Leaders by Science of Digital Marketing in 2016
- She is the creator of #WearingIrish, a groundbreaking platform to build awareness of Irish fashion design.
- Margaret has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from the Univ. of Ulster, Northern Ireland and La Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
- She is New York Chair of The Marketing Society
- A board member of Origin Theater
- A thought leader, she has been published in HBR, Fast Company, the Huffington Post and beyond, and is a frequent LinkedIn and Forbes contributor
- Margaret created and hosts Siegel +Gale’s renowned Future of Branding Roundtable in cities across the U.S. and beyond.
- Margaret curates and hosts the CMO keynote panels at the Gartner/Evanta CMO summits across the U.S.